#DozzFeed 33 Things That Were Happening Across the World the Last Time the New England Patriots Had a Three Game Losing Streak
Previous issues of #Dozzfeed:
39 Photos That Will Bring You Right Back to the 90's!!!
17 People Who Played for the Lakers and Celtics
8 Financial Memes That Will Inspire You To Become RICH!
I apologize for the heavy dose of sportsball on #DozzFeed, but when we learned that a streak that lasted nearly 18 years had come to an end, it simply couldn't be ignored.
When the San Francisco 49ers defeated The New England Patriots 33-6, not only was it the Patriots' biggest loss in the history of Gillette Stadium, but it was also their third straight defeat. It's been an awfully long time since that's happened. This is the longest those cheating jerks have gone without a win since losing four straight games from Week 4-8 of the 2002 season. Back then the dreamy Jimmy G was just a middle school heartthrob.
If there's one thing we love at #Dozzfeed more than we dislike those New England Cheatriots; it's nostalgia. So let's set our trip machines back to any date between September 29th and October 27th, 2002 and see what was going on back in the days of Von Dutch Hats and Ashanti when the Patriots last lost more than two in a row (something they only did 9 times between 2003-2019).
1. September 29th, 2002: Halsey Turned 8 Years Old
2. September 30th, 2002: Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi fired financial regulator Hakuo Yanagisawa in favor of economy minister Heizō Takenaka
3. October 1st, 2002: Brie Larson Turned 13 Years Old
4. October 1st, 2002: Good Charlotte Released "The Young and the Hopeless"
5. October 2nd, 2002: The D.C. Snipers' Killing Spree Begins in Wheaton, Maryland
6. Christiana 2nd, 2002: Christiana Aguilera's "Dirrty" Video Joins the MTV Rotation
7. October 4th, 2002; Jonah: A Veggietales Movie was Released in the United States
8. October 5th, 2002: New York Post Announced that CSI Stars William Peterson and Marg Hellenberger's Salaries Have Doubled
9. October 6th, 2002: Limburg Oil Tanker (Which Was Holding 397,000 Barrels of Crude Oil) Was Attacked By Suicide Bombers
10. October 7th, 2002: The Disney Channel Updated Its Logo for the 5th Time
11. October 7th, 2002: Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Two Goals in His Primeira League Debut
12. October 8th, 2002: Simple Plan Releases "I'd Do Anything" as the Second Single off of their Major Label Debut No Pads, No Helmets...Just Balls
13. October 9th, 2002: Aileen Wuornos is executed at Florida State Prison
14. October 10th, 2002: Hungarian writer and Holocaust survivor Imre Kertész is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature
15. October 10th, 2002: Beyonce and Jay Z Release "03 Bonnie & Clyde"
16. October 11th, 2002: Johnny Knoxville and Ron White Appeared on Late Show with David Letterman
17. October 12th, 2002: The Anaheim Angels Win Game 4 of the 2002 ALCS 7-1 to Extend Their Series Lead to 3-1
18. October 12th, 2002: Actress Iris Apatow was Born
19. October 13th, 2002: Drew Bledsoe Passes for 254 Yards and 2 Touchdowns in a 31-24 win over the newly formed Houston Texans
20. October 14th, 2002: PBS' Arthur Celebrates Its 100th Episode
21. October 15th, 2002: Sir Winston Churchill's Personal Secretary, Grace Hamblin Passed Away at 94 Years Old
22. October 16th, 2002: Geraldo Rivera was in Hot Water After Appearing at a Hooters Only Minutes After Reporting at the Scene of a DC Sniper Killing
23. October 17th, 2002: Eminem Turned 30 Years Old
24. October 18th, 2002: Barry Bonds Homer for the 3rd Straight Game of the 2002 World Series (Giants lost 10-4)
25. October 19th, 2002: Senator John McCain Hosts SNL (The White Stripes were the Musical Guest)
26. October 20th, 2002: The Ring Rakes in 15 Million Dollars to Take the Top Spot at the Box Office
27. October 21st, 2002: New York Magazine Asked the Tough Question about Moms
28. October 22nd, 2002: Several People World-Wide Celebrated the 369th Anniversary of the Ming Dynasty Defeating the Dutch East India Company at the Battle of Liaoluo Bay
29. October 23rd, 2002: Chicopee, Massachusetts Experienced 0.3 Inches of Snowfall
30. October 24th, 2002: John Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo are Found Sleeping in a Maryland Rest Stop and are Arrested on Federal Weapon Charges.
31. October 25th, 2002: Pablo Picasso Would've Turned 121 Years Old Had He Not Died in 1973
32. October 26th, 2002: Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne Topped the American Top 40 Charts.
33. October 27th, 2002; Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was Released
A lot sure has happened since the Patriots' last three game losing streak. What's your favorite event that happened between September 29th and October 27th, 2002? If it didn't make the cut be sure to mention it in the comments! #DozzFeed